03 OCTOBER 2017 BANANAFACE
– Metcon: The intent with todays piece is to move, breath, and pace. Moderate intensity. For example, intermediate to advanced men should shoot for 2:00/500m pace on rower.
The type of pace we are looking is just fast enough to not be conversational. Split T2B into sets that maximizes efficiency.
Row 500 Meters
2 MU’s (for Rx+)
1b) Seated Lateral Raises with palms facing forward: 3 x 15. Rest 60s.
29 SEPTEMBER 2017 CORNERBACK
– Strength: Retest of Power Clean today. Make sure to record your numbers as you will need these next month. Try to beat previous weights by 5#.
– Metcon: Try to complete big sets for this piece and don’t overpace as this should be a sprint. Weights should be challenging. This workout is challenging mentally seeing that you’ll have a barbell in your hand for the entire piece. Don’t give in and put the bar down sooner than you need to. Go right from last set of hang power cleans to front squats without dropping.
– 8-10 Total Sets
Deadlift (135, 95)
Hang Power Cleans (135, 95)
Front Squats (135, 95)
9min time cap
13 SEPTEMBER 2017 LUNGS
– Strength: This is a benchmark strength piece from May 3. Try to beat your previous max by 5#’s and have a plan before starting. Be sure not to take too big of jumps in weight and fail too early. This should take 8-10 singles. Keep your ribs down and do not cheat by initiating the movement with your legs — there should be no leg drive whatsoever.
– Metcon: This is a repeat benchmark from July 5. Try to beat your previous time, or establish a time today, by partitioning sets to minimize transitions. The time cap has been shortened to 20:00. Advanced athletes shoot for sub 12:00. Focus on being efficient with running technique and breathing purposely through burpees.
– Take 8-10 sets
– Beginners: 5 x 5, adding.
21 Wallballs 20/14
20min time cap
50 KB Tricep Extensions
50 Side Bends each
11 SEPTEMBER 2017 911
We are all proud of you guys and your efforts!
– Strength: Work up to a max with a heavy band over the bar. This should take 8-10 singles.
Make sure your set-up position is on point. Working up to 75-80% of your current 1RM is a good goal as the band will overload the top of the movement.
Keep in the mind band will provide the most resistance at the top so it’s important to be aggressive off the floor.
– Metcon: Slow paced metcon today. Front Squats should be light and capable of being done UB for at least the first few rounds.
Even though this workout is only 7 minutes I would recommend splitting into manageable sets out of the gate and sustaining that pace for the entire workout.
– Drape band over the bar and stand in
– Higher your deadlift is the heavier band you should use.
Beginner: Work on Deadlift Technique perform sets of 5 resetting on each rep with no band.
9 C2B Pull-ups
11 Front Squats (95, 65)
Masters/Teens : C2B 75/55
100 Banded Pull Throughs
23 AUGUST 2017 PATTYCAKE
– Strength: Hang Power Snatches should be a moderate load for those comfortable with the movement. For those that are not, make sure you work technique with light loads.
– Metcon: Try to complete KB swings and Push Presses in as few sets as possible. Advanced athletes should shoot for unbroken sets, and intermediate athletes should shoot for unbroken on KB swings but 2 sets for push press. Recover on your burpees by getting a full-exhale on the floor.
KB Swings (53, 35)
Push Press (135, 95)
10 minute time cap